Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Special doll stories and coincidences

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I can't really think of a real coincidental doll story, but I remember two of my baby dolls that I had as a young girl. One was a sleeping doll (that had permanently closed eyes) that I named Boo Boo (Baby). She was named Boo Boo because she comforted me when I got boo boos! I also had a bath baby doll that I named Cat Cat (baby). She was named after my godsister, Catherine. Anyway, my best childhood friend, Anna, decided that because we were so close, she'd name her sleeping baby Boo Boo and her bath baby (and the same kind as mine, too!) Cat Cat. I just think it's cute that of all the things we shared and did together, we also shared doll names. We were both only children, and she was like a sister to me. We've grown apart now, especially since she lives in NM, but it's always nice to get together sometimes and share our fun childhood memories.

    Oh, and Cat Cat Baby no longer lives with me. I've given her away, but Boo Boo is still here. I put her away for right now, but I hope to share her with my future daughter one day...along with all of my other dolls! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 04, 2006 01:23 AM: Message edited by: PrincessRuthie(Laura) ]</font>

  2. #2
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    Wow that really is an amazing story

  3. #3
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Do you have a special doll story or a strange coincidence relating to a doll?


    I gave all of my dolls birthdays when I was little. One doll that I got at Toys R Us when I was very young became very important to me and I would pretend she was the little sister of my Felicity doll. Her name was Nicole, and I had given her the birthday of April 11th. (For no specific reason!)

    We are very close with our neighbors' family. When my neighbor had a baby girl when I was a young teenager, she named the baby Nicole. Guess what day of the year Nicole was born on? APRIL 11TH. (There ARE 364 other days she could have been born on, of course!!)

    I thought it was the freakiest thing but neither my mom nor Nicole's mom thought it was anything remarkable. Another coincidence is that the exact time of her birth is the exact number of my apartment building. The best part is that Nicole and I just have this connection; I'm an only child, but she really is like my little sister. She's four now and we are obsessed with each other! I love her like I would a sister. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]


    My Nicole doll is now all raggedy, and really quite ugly (she was a Magic Bottle Baby of the late 80s/early 90s that is bald except for a little sprig of blond hair poking straight up [img]eek.gif[/img] ) but she is still so special to me because of my real-life doll!


    What's your special doll story?

  4. #4
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar

    Post

    Well, when I was visiting a friend in Colorado, {2004} We decided to go garage sailing before I left the next day! Wel,, it was about 12:30 or so, & we decided to just go to one more garage sale & then go home, & the last garage sale we went to happened to have a My Twinn doll for sale! My friend & I were EXTATIC!! She was priced @ $25.00. {I only had $10.00 left} I asked the lady who was selling her if she would take $10.00 for the doll, The lady was deciding if she would or not, while telling me the story of the doll...She got the doll for her daughter for Christmas one year, & not only did it arrive late, it was the wrong doll.{She paid OVER $160.00 for it} So she just hid it in her closte for a whole year...& she finally decided to sell her @ her friends garage sale. So she said yes she would take her for $10.00. My friend & I were soo happy that I got a My Twinn doll!!
    I decided to name her Rebecca!

    I don't have her any more because I gave her to my sister for her b-day since she didn't have Kit yet, but when she did get Kit for her other b-day, my Mom gave 'Becca away.. [img]frown.gif[/img] {forgot to add that she looked alot like me to!!!} It was a great way to end my week w/ my best friend!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •